- To promote rural health as a distinct concern in Louisiana
- To serve as a unified voice for health care providers, public officials, healthcare employees, educators and consumers working cooperatively to improve rural health in Louisiana
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information related to the improvement of rural health
- To serve as an advocate for rural health, promoting improved health status and improvements to the health system for residents of rural Louisiana
- To encourage the development of appropriate health resources for Louisiana
A Voice for Rural Louisiana
The Louisiana Rural Health Association recognizes that rural areas are unique and differ from urban areas in their geography, population mix and density, economics, lifestyle, values, and social organizations. Rural people and communities require programming and advocacy that responds to their unique characteristics and needs.
Through discussion and exploration, the LRHA works to create a clear understanding of rural health care in Louisiana, its needs and effective ways to meet these needs. Join us today!